Access 2000 is a Community based Education and Training Project . We through partnership and solidarity with other groups are committed to raising the awareness of the barriers facing people experiencing educational, social and cultural disadvantage.
The aim of the project is to provide community education training programmes to young people and women who experience educational, social and cultural disadvantage and to provide support and training in the development of women’s groups within the community sector.
- To ensure that the principles and values of community development are fully implemented and practised by ACCESS 2000.
- To seek funding that adequately resource the democratic process of working collectively to promote equality, empowerment and inclusion.
- To be an educational resource and drop-in centre for people in the Wexford area.
- To encourage people to become involved in the activities of the project as volunteers.
- To influence policy at local, regional and national level.
- To continue to network with other community groups working with marginalised women.
- To provide an integrated approach to training, accreditation and job creation for all adults at a local and regional level with the dual vision of access and equality,
- To work towards meaningful and satisfying outcomes, including personal growth and professional development.
Marian Donegan – Coordinator